Thursday, October 9, 2008

Patch Proliferation paranoia


Logo creeps evil twin "Patch proliferation"(tm) has reared it's ugly head once more. I like this patch.


You may have noticed it on the Chief uniform, an altogether fitting tribute to Lamar Hunt. If you'll forgive the F Troop reference, Hunt was to the Chiefs whatt Wild Eagle was to the Hekowi's. I guess that would make Hank Stram the Crazy Cat. (Of Lamar's prime). Herm Edwards, sorry to say because I like the man, is looking like Screaming Chicken. But I digress.
I was under the impression it was a one year patch but, according to the awesome AFL history site run by the Coniglio family http://www.conigliofamily.com/AFLdecals.htm it's now a permanant part of thier uniform. I fear for my family. Once the patches overrun the jersey numbers societal anarchy won't be far behind. Mark my words.
On a related note they have this patch labeled as a suggested patch for the upcoming 50th anniversary of the AFL.






I suppose it's a cool idea (as patch ideas go) but who would wear it? All teams? Original AFL teams? Just the AFC? What about the teams that started in the AFC but are now NFC? My head hurts. I'm tired of this, I'm going to make coffee.

Throwback update

But, oh yeah. One more thing, the Chargers will be wearing their Powder Blue alternates this weekend. This sucks because it reminds you of how great the Powder Blue throwbacks are and how much the alternates suck by comparison. What Einstein designed that alternate and didn't include the helmet numbers?
The Jets will be in their NY Titans throwback uni's against the Bengals this week as well. Yeah baby.

Word is The Raiders will be going with silver numbers on their white jerseys next year, also as part of a tribute to the 50 year anniversary. Shades of Daryl Lamonica.

A few people asked me what was up with the refs wearing black pants in a few recent games. I was stumped, my head still reeling from the all the dizzying changes to the zebras get-ups of the past two seasons. However a clue comes from the bible of this pointless trivia, Uniwatch. Apparently the black pants are cold weather pants. Glad thats somewhat settled. I don't know about you, but that one was keeping me up at night.

And finally Stiener had the answer to the "Stump the commissioner" video question of the week with this sneering, condescending e-mail.

AJR= Arthur Joseph Rooney. Hell, even my 9 year old knows that. Stiener

Well played sir! Thank you for bringing our knowledge base up to the level of your nine year old. I never imagined we'd reach such dizzying heights when we started this project. Kids let this be a lesson to you. Dream big and you may even exceed your wildest expectations! (I bet she knew about the refs black pants too, didn't she?)



Remember, check out main site for other content or the baby gets it. http://www.footballfashionfanatics.com/

No comments: