Friday, October 10, 2008

Jets patch


Here's the patch the Jets will wear on the 26th.
I like the shield shape but the mix of green and red doesn't do much for me. As stated elsewhere on site/blog, I have mixed emotions about it. Certainly there's pride in remembering the glorious and historic, even iconic victory that made Namath a NY god-for-life.
Then there's the depressing thought of "God damn thats a long time to go without getting back to the big dance" Of course since I spent a lot of those 40 years, as Joe Herman would put it, "whoring around the league" (as a fan)... so I don't feel that pain as much as the bone deep bitter lifers of Jet nation. However, much as when your wife or girlfriend is sufficiently annoyed by something, the pain becomes yours as well because you have to hear about it. Whatever it may be. In this case I know this point will bring up bile from my Jet fan friends which they will spew in quantities that will make it inevitable that I will have to wade through it ankle deep.
Oh well, I have rubber boots... and Brett Farve under center this year ; )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No hatemail this time, i got to say i like the patch its a clean look and it gets the message out there for the "red part" sure it doesnt fit in but it shows that the stuck to the original design. It stands out and i like it.// Dannerock