Monday, September 22, 2008

I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk "I've been published!"

Omigod, omigod, omigawd !!! We're jumping up an down and waving our arms back and forth, hands flapping on limp wrists like teenage valley girls over here.... We got mentioned on Uniwatch!
For anyone not in the know, Paul Lukas' Uniwatch is the big Kahuna on uniform detail obsession and Paul his own bad self is Yoda, the big cheese, the head honcho, the HMIC, the Grand Poohbah, El Presidente, big Chief uni-man (anyone recognize this Robert Stack routine from "Airplane" yet.... ? )
I sent an email to Paul and considering the amount of information he processes and presents on a daily basis, I figured him to be pretty busy and didn't really expect to hear from him soon.
Much to my surprise and delight I received a brief but friendly and encouraging reply to my request to link to his site in short order.
This was pretty fun for us just having started our own little project but then today I was reading the latest on Uniwatch and saw he actually had put a mention with a link in the latest post and suddenly I felt like "Damn... someone might actually follow that link and look at the site... is it ready? is there enough stuff? will the links work right? will they get the joke?
There's so much stuff we think is funny that we haven't gotten up yet...
We find ourselves apprehensive but want to post a big public thanks to Paul for the mention and hope we won't disapoint the odd one or two of his legions of followers that might actually check out our site. (if they have any interest our twisted take on the little niche of the universe Uniwatch covers so well)
Big thanks Paul ; )

No comments: