Thursday, April 9, 2009

Overpatching and Life imitates Tom Geary... again




Ok, look at the picture above and prepare for more of the dead horse beating that is the main theme of this blog. I refer to, of course, railing against going the fashion violations far to common with the NFL uniform. The overpatching on Kerry Rhodes is obvious. Do we really want our guys to look like some third rate euro soccer team with patches and cheesy ads on every available square inch of the uni? Do we want the Chico's bail bonds ad splayed across the cornhole of every swingin' dick on the sideline? Four patches within 6 inches of the mans neck? A little much, doncha think? Yadda yadda yadda, you know my rant by now.

So lets get to the main issue today. Once again life imitates Tom Geary. I mean, is this getting spooky or what? For those of you who saw that pic in the last column http://www.footballfashionfanatics.com/quick_hits_115.html u know that somehow Eli Manning bore an undeniable resemblance to our own Crazy Legged guitar maestro, the croaking crooner Tom Geary.
Now I open the paper today and heres this picture of Joba Chamberlain at the White House and, you know, go ahead... tell me that isn't another sports celeb imitating Tom. I double dog dare ya. Strap a guitar on him and put a can of suds at his side and viola! it's no longer a visiting Yankee, it's open mic night at the Obama-rama lounge. It's uncanny.
Well anyway we're back in business over here at FFF. My work trip back to NY for the past two months kept me from prime directive which is to blog and obsess about this crap. Well, ok maybe I could have done some blogging from Casa De Hermann but I had a higher calling, a civic duty to attend to. First of all was the Fourth annual PFL. An event of such scope, magnitude and alchohol consumption that it renders most participants useless for weeks afterwards. As the executive producer the time demands, liver damage and brain cell loss are even greater. But the show must go on so the blog took a back seat to the demands of Paper Football and earning the money to buy beer for the event.
In addition to that, in these troubled economic times many industries teeter on the brink and it was obvious to me that the entire NY strip joint industry was in danger of circling the drain. Since I was temporarily free of family obligations I took it on myself to spend all my time away from the job furiously stuffing dollar bills into g-strings to support all the single moms swinging around the stripper pole. It's just the kind of guy I am. I was raised to pitch in and lend a hand when someones in trouble. I knew you, my loyal one and a half readers would understand. .... you're welcome.
I may not be writing columns and items as often during the off season but there won't be any more two month breaks. Stay tuned, I feel a lot of nonsense brewing and a season ripe with uni-changes and fresh material comin' up ; )
Ken

No comments: